(re)zip Lay Flat Lunch Family Pack (10 piece)
(re)zip lay-flat lunch / sandwich size bags are ideal for use at home or on the go. These bags are leak-proof, food-safe, lead-free and BPA-free, durable, and lightweight. The bags can be used for snacks, sandwiches, travel, home organization and more. The transparent design allows for a quick glance at contents inside, and the double-lock closure provides an airtight seal.
- Replaces plastic baggies used for snacks, sandwiches, food storage, travel, home organization, etc.
- Made out of food safe, FDA-grade PEVA material
- This set includes 10 Lunch / Sandwich Size (re)zips
- Transparent design allows for a quick glance at contents inside
- PVC-free, lead-free & BPA-free
- Durable: one (re)zip bag replaces ~ 300 disposable baggies
- Leak-proof: double-lock closure provides an airtight seal
- Freezer safe: perfect for freezing fruit, veggies, soups, sauces and so much more
- Convenient storage: When not in use, the bags nest and compress flat
- Inside Dimensions: 7.25” x 6” (18.42 x 15.24 cm)
- (re)zips are dishwasher safe in the top rack using low heat; for best results, hand washing is recommended
- Not intended for microwave or high heat use
Are (re)zips the same brand as BlueAvocado?
Yes, (re)zip is a part of the BlueAvocado family of products. Their mission is to provide thoughtful designs and creative solutions for a greener, simpler life.
Are (re)zips food safe?
All (re)zip products are made out of PEVA and are a food safe FDA-grade material that is BPA free and lead free. (re)zips are freezer safe, however they are NOT intended for microwave or high heat use. Please make sure all hot foods have cooled before storing in your (re)zips.
Are (re)zips sous vide compatible?
(re)zip's ARE NOT sous vide compatible
Do (re)zips keep food fresh?
(re)zips are leakproof and airtight. It is commonly known that keeping air out of food helps keep food fresher, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends using air tight, well sealing containers for left over food in order to keep bacteria out. The less oxygen that is able to get into the container, the less dry goods will get stale, and fewer bacteria will grow on prepared foods. Results are dependent on the type of food, temperature and amount of exposure to light.
How do I wash my (re)zips?
(re)zips are dishwasher safe in the top rack using low heat. For best results, hand wash is recommended. Fill (re)zip halfway with warm water and add a small amount of dish soap. Gently swirl bag to make sure all internal surfaces are cleaned, using a bottle brush if necessary. Rinse thoroughly. Drape over dish rack prongs and prop open to dry. Additional options for drying include placing over a glass or mug, or placing a fabric napkin or washcloth inside to absorb water and dry completely.
Do (re)zips stain?
Some foods, such as tomato sauce or curry, can stain the (re)zips. The stains do not affect the performance or integrity of the product. Stains (and odours) can be reduced with baking soda. Simply make a paste of warm water and baking soda and rub it into the inside the container. Let it sit for at least one day, then rinse it out thoroughly.
Can I write on or label my (re)zips?
Yes, you can write on the (re)zips with a marker (let ink dry before using). While the label lasts for a number of uses, it does eventually rub off making it easy to label again. To remove the ink, scrub the area with a non-scratch pad and soap.
Where are (re)zips manufactured?
(re)zip products are manufactured responsibly in China. (re)zip bags are manufactured by a certified B Corporation which means that they meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability. Learn more about B Corps here: https://www.bcorporation.net/what-are-b-corps.