ETEE Reusable Food Wraps 🇨🇦
Say goodbye to plastic wrap, sandwich bags & bulky storage containers. Preserve your food and protect your family - naturally - with the reusable etee (Everything Touches Everything Else) foodwraps.
Set of 3. Each pack includes:
- Small Teal wrap (7" x 8") - good for cut cucumbers, avocados, small trail mix, fruit and to top jars
- Medium Green wrap (10" x 11") - good for cheese, large trail mix, half a sandwich, half a cabbage, medium bowls, grape tomatoes and baked goods
- Large Blue wrap (12" x 14") - good for sandwiches & left over pizza slices, celery, cheese, larger bowl or dish, larger melon, grapes, greens, beans and asparagus.
- USDA Organic Beeswax, Clove & Cinnamon Essential oils and Jojoba oil
- Coniferous tree resins from sustainable sources & non gmo soy wax
- GOTS certified organic cotton
- All natural ingredients means fully biodegradable
- Made in Oshawa, Ontario
How long do they last?
On average, each sheet should get about 120 - 150 uses, but it ultimately depends on how often and how intensively and for what purpose you use them. Some people will get a year out of them - especially when used as bowl toppers - while others who beat them up on a daily basis may get closer to 4-6 months.
How do they work?
Simply warm them in your hands and wrap them around produce, bowls, sandwiches, nuts, snacks, cheese and cooked / smoked meats - virtually any perishable. The wraps stick to themselves and provide a clean and protective seal. They cool and cure almost instantly.
Reusable? I don't get it, won't they get dirty?
Fear not friend. After use, simply rinse in cold water - hot water will reduce the wax coating - and wash with an eco-friendly soap (avoid alcohol based soaps), just like you would a plate or bowl. Once clean you can either hang to dry or use a towel and re-use immediately. They may - with certain foods like pomegranate - develop a darker patina, but as long as you keep working them they'll keep delivering freshness.
What kind of dye is used? Is the cotton organic?
Fair question! All of our dyes are non toxic and free of heavy metals, AZOs and formaldehyde found in typical textile dyes. We use a Certified Organic cotton fabric. Both the dyes and the fabric utilize very little water to be processed, of which a great portion is recycled. They are certified under the Global Organic Textile Standard - recognized as the world's leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibres - which means they are also in compliance with social criteria. You can learn more here: http://www.global-standard.org/
Will they work in the freezer?
30 days or less, yes! But they're not recommended for uncooked meat.
What shouldn't they be used for?
Avoid uncooked meats, long term freezer use (more than a month) and microwaves (unless you want to add a little beeswax soup to your bowl of zoodles).